To end another wonderful decade of great music, I’m going to write about ten albums from each of the last ten years, that are either great, or hold some sort of personal significance. A musical kiss off to 00s.
2007 – #5. Josh Pyke – Memories & Dust
This album, Memories & Dust, is an odd one to talk about because Josh is a friend. And saying that I really like this album would end in an ass kicking.
So, we’ll resort to point form, once again.
– I really do love this album.
– I really liked Josh’s music before, and wasn’t sure what he would do when he finally made an album. It was great to see how he stepped up.
– Favourite track is Lines On Palms. I really love the lines
Sometimes I know who I am
What I’m doing
And what things might become
It’s such a wonderfully healing song. Although it occurs to me that if a friend gave you this sort of advice or wisdom over a beer, you’d probably punch him.
– I understand on many levels why it made sense to put Middle Of the Hill on here – but it was still wrong. It actually detracts from the album. Same thing goes for Vibrations In Air.
– Lets not even talk about the UK version of the album.
Let’s leave it there. Maybe in a few years, I can write a bit more about this.
Josh Pyke’s Lines On Palms. A great song.